A Champion for the Rule of Law
My role as a judge is to determine what the law is, not what the law should be
— Brian Zahra
Justice Brian Zahra understands the rule of law …
He graduated with honors from the University of Detroit School of Law in 1987 where he served as a member of the Law Review and Articles Editor of the State Bar of Michigan’s Corporation and Finance Business Law Journal.
… and has the hard-earned experience to back it up
He served the people of Michigan on the Wayne County Circuit Court for four years, on the Michigan Court of Appeals for twelve years, and on the bench of the Michigan Supreme Court since January 2011 after his appointment by Governor Rick Snyder.
Justice Brian Zahra’s Professional & Legislative Committees
- Michigan Civil Jury Instructions Committee
- Circuit Court Appellate Rules Committee
- Domestic Violence Legislation Implementation Task Force
- Advisory committee for the Michigan Judicial Institute Domestic Violence
- Michigan Board of Law Examiners